Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7 Stampin' Up! Pomp & Circumstance feat. Retro Fresh Designer Paper, Graduation Card

Good Evening Friends,

Here's a sweet card that I made for my hubby's cousin Sammy, who just graduated from college... So, we got the most beautiful invitation, and I fully intended to attend, and SPACED IT!!!  It was awesome to see the pictures on FB of the party we missed!  Gheesh!!  I'm in direct sales!!  I know that people don't respond/dont show/space out but, I get so mad at myself when I do it, ya know?

So, here's the card for Samantha!  It's so pretty!!  I got the layout from the cool sketch site, Mojo Monday!  Julie is truly a mojo master and I love playing along with her sketches.  So, check it out! 

1.  I started with the retro fresh arrow design, and cut the DSP to 3x4".  I cut layer below that out of baked brown sugar cardstock to 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and stuck them together with snail adhesive. 

2.  Next I tied a bow from the 7/16" natural trim ribbon. (which happens to be a weekly deal this week and is on sale through tonight, Monday night. 

3.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle of the flip side of the arrows (the tangerine colored circle) then punched another circle to follow the sketch out of a coordinating pattern. 

4.  The pomp and circumstance sentiment is stamped on a 1 1/4", then I cut a banner in the end.  Added the CELEBRATE in tangerine tango, and sponged the whole thing in baked brown sugar.

5.  I stamped the graduation cap on some Coastal Cabana card stock and cut it out with my paper snips.

I attached this to the bottom 3 layers.  The base is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and is scored at 4 1/4". Layer 2 is baked brown sugar 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  The third layer, which was embossed with the chevron embossing folder, and measures 5 x 3 3/4". 

So, I'll have to put a nice little gift inside this one, yes?  What a space cadet!  Thanks so much for stopping by today! 


Love,


Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!

3 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

LOVE your card Selene ~ and your bow is FABULOUS!!! Is there a trick to that!! TFS and have a wonderful evening :-)

cncdesigns2013 said...

Great card. Love the color combination

LeAnne said...

Love this, Selene! These colors are wonderful, doncha think?