Thursday, June 5, 2014

6/5 Stampin' Up Creative Crew Bloom with Hope and Blendabilities Card, Multiple Medium Card

Good Morning Friends!

I wanted SO BAD to make a video before posting this card.  It is for the Stampin' Up Creative Crew challenges over on split coast.  I'm out of time, and I need to post it, but at some point I'm going to show you how this card just rolls together.  It was so fun to make.


UPDATE** Here's the video! 


The Creative Crew Challenge?

CCREW0614CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Catalog Focus: Use your favorite product in your favorite way! Make us fall in love with it too!
I haven't been showing my creations with blendabilites, really because I don't want to tease you!  They are HANDS DOWN my favorite thing in the new catalog.  Stampin' Up chose to put them in the new book so when they roll out in early August for customers so that demonstrators wouldn't need to bring extra sheets for almost a year to workshops when they do go live.  Demonstrators are allowed one set of markers in about 6 of the colors.. Oohh la la, are they fun to work with! 

So the reason I wanted to make a video about this one is because of all the mediums I used on the one card.  None of the layers interact with each other, so there's a flawless pearl like finish on what I did.

1. Stamped the image using the new die based ink, called momento ink (will also be available when these beautiful, beautiful, markers are released. )

2. Used the Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Blendabilities to shade my flower image.  Each of the colors, comes with 3 markers, so you get a light Razzleberry, a medium, and a rich dark color for each set.

3. I started with the darkest areas of my flower first, then added the medium, then went to the light.  It takes a little bit of self control not to color the whole thing in, so you get that super LUSH dark to light color that makes your eye look twice at it.

4. Next, I went backwards again from light to dark, so you could get that stark contrast in color.

5. With the blendabilities, there's a nifty little tool called the color lifter.  It magically lifts the colors i already laid down on my cardstock to add a highlight, or a light source to my colored image.  So it looks like this flower is sitting in the sun and my light source is coming from behind me on the left.  Do you see it?

6. Next, I colored the stem similar.. this time I went light to dark.  So far I have two mediums.. the momento Dye Based Ink, then the Alcohol Based Markers on top.  (did I mention they match my SU project perfectly and are designed to coordinate colors... Oh such joy.. Anyway...  On top of that, I grabbed my Pink Pirouette Water based Ink Pad and sponged some color over the top.  I did that by inking up my sponge using a circular motion, and then doing the same thing on my paper.  So that's 3 mediums of ink.  Next, I put the card together and added a spritz or two of shimmer spritz.  That made the card all super pearlized and sparkly.  To make my pearls Rich Razzleberry, You guessed it!  I colored them with the blendabilities, waited a second for them to dry and I transferred them to the top of my project. 

So there you have it.. At some point I want to make a video to show you how fun they are to work with, but I ran out of time and had to show it for the Creative Crew.

If you want your own set of blendabilites, you might consider the demonstrator opportunity.  Demonstrators always get the inside scoop from stampin up first, and have access to all preorder products.  In addition, this year, Stampin' Up is offering free convention registration to anyone who signs up.   That's a huge value!!

Right now there is a special where you can sign up for only $50, and choose your favorite things up to $55.  and there's no extra shipping costs.  Then, you can get your blendabilities right away that way.  Plus in the first 45 days, you get one special order where you get 30% off instead of 20% to help you get started.  If you have a demonstrator and want to sign up under them, give them a call today!  If you'd like to join my team, you can click here to sign up or pop me an email at e.selene@verizon.net.  I offer a private facebook group for my team, monthly card swap opportunities (this was my swap card for last month), a one on one phone call monthly if you choose so that I can train you and help you with YOUR goals.

You tell me what you want to earn, and I help you get there.  So if your goal is getting your own discount, that's great!  If you want to start your own business and reach for the stars or anywhere in between, I can help with that too.  My Stampers with HeART team and I have lots of fun and some of us are spread out across the country, covering coast to coast.  There's a place for you in my group if you'd like.

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share with you today.  My big box of goodies came yesterday, and I'll be playing after class this morning.  I'm sure to have more to share very soon!



Love,


Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!
Click here to join my team




3 comments:

RuthieB said...

Selene!!! This is stunning!!

RuthieB said...

Selene!!! This is stunning!!

Cherie said...

Oh my gosh! This is so stunningly beautiful! So hope you do a video! TFS!